Gary Frishman, MD
Women & Infants Fertility Center
90 Plain Street
Providence, RI 02903
Phone: (401) 441-5336
My goal is to partner with my patients to help them achieve a pregnancy in the shortest time possible, while taking into account their beliefs and opinions.
Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Board Certified: Yes
Women & Infants Hospital
Education: Columbia University
Residencies: Pennsylvania Hospital
Fellowships: University of Connecticut
Medical Group: Women & Infants Fertility Center
Awards / Recognitions
Named a Top Doctor by U.S. News & World Report
Named to Rhode Island Monthly magazine’s “Top Docs” list for Reproductive Endocrinology every year since its inception in 1992
Recipient of the following resident education teaching award:
Hospital-Based Excellence in Teaching (2019)
Research / Publications
Meet Dr. Gary Frishman
Dr. Frishman attended medical school at Columbia University in New York City. He completed his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Pennsylvania Hospital in Philadelphia and a fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the University of Connecticut in Farmington.
Dr. Frishman joined Women & Infants Fertility Center in 1991. His research and lecture interests include hysteroscopy, surgery for ectopic pregnancies and medical education. Dr. Frishman is actively involved in resident and medical student education and research. He is the fellowship director for Reproductive Endocrinology and associate division director in the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology.
Dr. Frishman is actively involved in many surgical societies and has served on the boards of several of them. He was the program director for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency at Alpert Medical School of Brown University and Women & Infants Hospital and currently serves as fellowship director for the Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility.
Locally, Dr. Frishman served on the boards of City Year Providence as well Big Sisters and Day One, holding the position of vice president in those organizations.
Approach to treatment
Dr. Frishman chose reproductive endocrinology and infertility as a specialty because he believes that family is one of the most important things in life. Dr. Frishman feels privileged to help people create their families.
He enjoys training the next generation of physicians and serving in leadership roles for major organizations in obstetrics and gynecology. In addition to recognition from Brown, he has received national teaching awards from ACOG, CREOG and twice from APGO. Dr. Frishman feels honored to be a part of a team of incredible physicians who provide outstanding care to their patients.
Dr. Frishman prides himself in helping patients navigate through the process of infertility treatment and speaking openly and honestly with them. He aims to explain things in the simplest manner possible and maintains a good-natured sense of humor.
In his spare time, Dr. Frishman loves being in the water. In addition, every morning he plays a game of squash starting at 5:45 a.m. in order to get to work by 7.
- Served a six year term on the Review Committee for Obstetrics and Gynecology of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education.
- Served on the boards of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL), the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), and the AAGL Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery.
- Served as President of the Society of Reproductive Surgeons.
- Served as President of the Council of Gynecologic Excellence.
- Served as President of the AAGL.
- Served as the American representative on the International Editorial Board for the UK journal The Obstetrician and Gynaecologist.
- Deputy editor for the Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology.
- Serves as oral board examiner for the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.